Finally, I find myself with an extra hour to spare. There’s no better time to share life-changing information than when a blizzard’s unfolding outside your window.
After being referred to Napolean Hill’s Think And Grow Rich for about a dozen times in the last year, I made the move to finally purchase his book on my kindle. I try to read it everyday in the subway.
I want to share with you his list of the 30 Major Causes of Failure because if you’re not exactly where you want to be right now, the first step is to determine what is standing in your way to success. I’m obsessed with getting to the source of things so this is my little treat for me and for you if you need a little push.
The 30 Major Causes Of Failure Are:
- Unfavorable hereditary background (Such as a deficiency in brainpower)
- Lack of a Well-Defined Purpose In Life
- Lack of Ambition
- Insufficient Education
- Lack of Self-Discipline
- Ill Health
- Unfavorable Environmental Influences During Childhood
- Lack of Persistence
- Negative Personality
- Lack of Controlled Sexual Urge
- Uncontrolled Desire For ‘Something For Nothing’ (little effort-big returns)
- Lack of Well-Defined Power of Decision
- One or More of the Six Basic Fears
- Wrong Selection of a Mate in Marriage
- Wrong Selection of Associates in Business
- Superstition and Prejudice
- Wrong Selection of a Vocation
- Lack of Concentration of Effort
- The Habit of Indiscriminate Spending
- Lack of Enthusiasm
- Inability to Cooperate With Others
- Lack of Possession of Power Acquired Through Self-Effort
- Intentional Dishonesty
- Egotism and Vanity
- Guessing Instead of Thinking
- Lack of Capital
So which of these are standing between you and your success?
I determined that eight of the above tend to stand in my way. Identifying the causes that keep us in a rut is the first step, then the most important things to do is be PERSISTENT and develop a PLAN backed by ACTION!
“Good things come to those who ACT!”